Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Hermit of Cubao

The Hermit of Cubao
Photo by Marlon Cagatin, December 13, 2015

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Your e-mail message:

"Manong, I wanted to greet you on the 25th but I might not have access to a computer or privacy on that day.
"I'll just greet you now.
"It's been my most significant year.  The way I illustrate it:  I put myself in a dark place.  I was very despondent so I turned to God.  He is sooo good He replied right away.  You came along and handed me a lamp.  From bleakness to direction.   Hopefully I make the right choice whenever I encounter a fork in the road.

"Not only for the coming year but perpetually: may you be endowed with greater health, gladness of heart, contentment, deepest of insight, and continued altruism.
Merry Christmas to you and the people closest to your heart!  Happy New Year na rin!

"Maraming Salamat po!

"_____"


My reply:

Hi _____!

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well! I am happy to have touched your life over cyberspace. Here's hoping it isn't snowing too much where you are.

I know that we will probably never meet each other in person, but it is wonderful to know that we can always keep in touch by e-mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment