Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Hermit of Cubao

The Hermit of Cubao
Photo by Marlon Cagatin, December 13, 2015

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

After my two boys grew up I stopped buying firecrackers for New Year's Eve. Looking back now, what a waste of money it all was. The amount I spent each year could have very well been used to purchase a laptop, or two cell phones, or food.

Indeed, what was the point of having all those big bangs when they really had nothing to do with masculinity, courage, and nerve? I also certainly do not believe that they drive away evil spirits, considering that we still have devils' traffic and devils' trafficking, whether human or non-human.

If firecrackers truly drive away evil spirits, I believe that the good spirits are driven away along with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment