Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Hermit of Cubao

The Hermit of Cubao
Photo by Marlon Cagatin, December 13, 2015

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

I recall her name but will not mention it. She was my graduate school classmate during the time I was enrolled for a master's in Clinical Psychology. She'd apparently gone to an exclusive school all the way from grade school through her undergraduate levels. And then she got married some time during the semester, and so went on leave for a while. When she came back, she was a changed person. She was more aware of her body, of physical pleasure, and of how attractive she could be to other men. In a private conversation while we were both waiting for class she once told me that she enjoyed having more than one orgasm while having sex with her husband.

Whenever young, male, undergraduate students walked into the department office, she gave them devouring looks, as though telling them, "I know exactly what pleases you." Indeed, marriage opened up to her not only an awareness of her own sexual satisfaction but a curiosity about how the opposite sex obtained sexual satisfaction for themselves.

I never saw her again. I wonder how she is now, and whether she has finally obtained enough knowledge about the mystery of women, and the mystery of men.

No comments:

Post a Comment