Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Hermit of Cubao

The Hermit of Cubao
Photo by Marlon Cagatin, December 13, 2015

Sunday, December 20, 2015

I have known of many persons, women in particular, who, when planning the construction of their house, measure everything, including their prospective furniture, to the very last centimeter. These are people resistant to rearrangements and decor changes because their minds are set on only one vision.

I build and renovate the other way around. I proceed with general construction, listening to the workmen's suggested changes and adjustments because I value and learn from them, and then, after everything is done, I adjust the furniture and decor accordingly.

My way works because of constant reality checks, without being obsessive-compulsive, without being disillusioned, disappointed, and frustrated, and, most importantly, without yelling at the workmen.

No comments:

Post a Comment