Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Hermit of Cubao

The Hermit of Cubao
Photo by Marlon Cagatin, December 13, 2015

Friday, December 18, 2015

The Metaphysics of Renovation

Last night I stepped through the newly-cut archway between the lounge and the passage to the kitchen. I was suddenly overcome with an almost numinous feeling. It occurred to me that, only a week ago, there was a solid wall right there that I could not physically pass through, but that now, all it takes is a step from lounge to passage. It was like stepping from one world to another, a defiance of physics made possible by time and creative energy, and I wondered whether bridging gaps between nations that build walls could not also be possible by cutting metaphorical archways through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment