Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Hermit of Cubao

The Hermit of Cubao
Photo by Marlon Cagatin, December 13, 2015

Saturday, May 7, 2016

There was something my daughter-in-law Ivy wanted to pass on to us, but I just couldn't keep it up because it was inconvenient and I'd always considered it a myth: it was to not use soap or detergent on the interior of a rice cooking vessel and, instead, after soaking it in water, to wipe it clean with a soft sponge and water.

I thought about this because I was washing dishes again tonight, and I wondered whether there might be some truth to the myth after all. Perhaps the interior of the vessel becomes coated with fine layers of rice powder, becomes bonded to the metal with continuous heat, and makes new rice taste ten times as good.

My labyrinthine mind considered this after leaping from my contemplation of the glazes that I need to cover my painting with, and then leaping to dish washing, and then leaping to Ivy and the rice cooker.

I always think in geometric threes.

No comments:

Post a Comment