Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Hermit of Cubao

The Hermit of Cubao
Photo by Marlon Cagatin, December 13, 2015

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Sitting at my computer inside my captain's cabin bedroom, which is against a window that looks out onto the driveway. From this vantage point I see tenants walking out the gate to go to work or school. Aubrey herself left half an hour ago to go to her college admission review class. Until I turned 64, the year I retired, this was how my life was, a series of mornings trying to beat devils' traffic and get to work. I am a lot happier and more content now.

I always thought that it would be the other way around, that being that person in the driveway was much preferable to being the person looking out from the window, but that was from the point of view of someone who had not yet turned 64.

No comments:

Post a Comment