Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Hermit of Cubao

The Hermit of Cubao
Photo by Marlon Cagatin, December 13, 2015

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Quite a day. S. and I cleaned out part of the upstairs walk-in closet and threw a lot of junk away (and we are resuming work tomorrow to hopefully finish that particular task). Ryan and Peachie, two Spirit Questors from previous years, and their six-year-old daughter visited; we had a late lunch at M.'s cafe and then I was only too happy to give them two framed paintings, two antique, celadon Kwan Yin statues, a bronze goddess statuette from Bali, a Pagdiwata boat with oars from Palawan, two containers for magical implements, a blue sphere for peace and harmony, two pieces of Sinukuan, and four stones from Siquijor Island. I may have given them other things but can't remember now what they are; neither, I am sure, did Bilbo Baggins remember everything he'd given away.

Then Angelique and J. arrived to place Angelique's Valentine's Day rose on the family altar for Ivy. They left again for their Valentine's Day dinner (they are celebrating it a day early to avoid the crush tomorrow).

S. went off to Kamuning to attend a lecture-discussion on creative writing, and I gave him part of his salary.

Now Aubrey is off to a birthday dinner in Eastwood. The Grab car was more expensive than a taxi, but, hey, she's my granddaughter, and I chose the Grab car.

I am now home alone, relaxed, serene, and centered after all of those French entrances and exits, but that is exactly how I want to celebrate the eve of Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment