Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Hermit of Cubao

The Hermit of Cubao
Photo by Marlon Cagatin, December 13, 2015

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Celebrating Light

In olden times, artists and writers worked at night by candlelight, then gaslight.

Today the technology of light is reaching its apogee, and I am having a love affair with it. Our rooms have fluorescents and incandescents, pendant, table, and floor lamps, spots, colored lights, atmospheric lights, even night lights. I also have bulbs that burn as bright as the sun.

At 64 I do not wear distance glasses, though I do wear over-the-counter reading glasses when doing close work. I believe that, because of more and more developments in the production of light, we shall have less and less problems with poor eyesight.

No comments:

Post a Comment