Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Hermit of Cubao

The Hermit of Cubao
Photo by Marlon Cagatin, December 13, 2015

Sunday, January 10, 2016

I gave the little girl a Sinukuan amulet, an enchanted stone from _________, and a toy house. Before I left her house she gave me a basket of fruits that had a red envelope tucked into it. "I hope this isn't money," I said when I picked up the envelope. I took the fruits but gave her back the envelope. Her family isn't rich after all, and I really do not ask for compensation for psychic services.

Later this evening, ____, who flew in from the U.S.A. a few days ago and whom I'd never met before, visited. We had a snack at M.'s cafe. He suddenly pulled out items from his knapsack and gave me Bruce Lee items I'd always wanted but never expected to have. At least, not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment