Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Hermit of Cubao

The Hermit of Cubao
Photo by Marlon Cagatin, December 13, 2015

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Your Hangout message:

"Hello Tony, my interview was moved to next week ________. I have been anxious about it - for obvious reasons. I plan to prepare myself for it and do my best. I was asked to conduct a ________ for __________________ of my ____'s _______. The topic is _____________________. That is scheduled for next week - tentatively on the same day of my interview at _________________. Today, I may keep a low profile since I am not feeling particularly well. Perhaps a quiet day is best for me. I believe it is because I have been feeling anxious and stressed. Please forgive my sending you these notes/updates. I send them since I know you to be one who gives sensible and practical advice. Thank you for your patience."


My reply:

Hello _____!

Sometimes companies deliberately postpone job interviews--and even sometimes do so more than once--to test applicants' patience and tenacity. Take everything in stride and know that, even if you need this job very badly, if you do land it, it was meant to be from the very beginning, and, if you do not, it would only have made you miserable in the long run--all of this regardless of when the interview was held. One does not desire a job; it is the job that desires one. Just be yourself during the interview, be sensible and level-headed, and do not rehearse for it like a role in a stage play.

It is quite all right that your _________ is scheduled on the same day of your interview. That has happened to me many times before, and I have always transcended it. View it as a challenge of multitasking.

Stress kills men more than common vices do, so relax and be kind to yourself. Take a lot of vitamin C. Rest--I have always perceived you as a live wire.

It is quite unfortunate that you are miles away. Otherwise I could spend some time with you. It is amazing how "tea and sympathy" really helps.   

No comments:

Post a Comment