Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Hermit of Cubao

The Hermit of Cubao
Photo by Marlon Cagatin, December 13, 2015

Monday, January 18, 2016

Angelique back home from their dinner.

In the meantime I sat up alone waiting for this young man to bring me his brand-new Bruce Lee glow-in-the-dark puzzle that he was selling on the Net. I suppose I'll put it together and just have it framed someday. After all I don't see my granddaughters disassembling it and putting it back together again for fun.

I wish he'd stayed longer, for tea--I always want to know the story behind the item I'm buying and the person I'm buying it from. He was, however, in a hurry to go to Arlington Memorial Chapels, where it's the last night of his grandfather's wake. How could I tell him that his grandfather was already inside his car with him? Bwahahahahahaha!

I'm sure his name was fake, but do I care? How lucky am I, anyway--such vendors usually insist on meet-ups in some far-flung, inconvenient location, and here he was, delivering the thing right at my doorstep!

Now, how many crazy, completely insane, people in this world have a 1,000-piece, glow-in-the-dark, Bruce Lee puzzle? Bwahahahahahaha!




No comments:

Post a Comment