Go GREEN. Read from

THE SCREEN.


The Hermit of Cubao

The Hermit of Cubao
Photo by Marlon Cagatin, December 13, 2015

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Going For The Darkest Darks: Burnt Umber

I always use flat, unmixed colors for my underpainting. In this piece, I start with burnt umber, ensuring that it is as evenly distributed as I can make it all over the canvas to contribute to visual unity,

I am taking my sweet time. After watching all those house-construction and house-flipping TV shows, I asked myself: Who wants to live in a rushed house? Who wants to wear a rushed piece of clothing? Who wants to eat a rush-cooked meal? Who wants to buy a rushed painting from an art exhibit?

Every stroke counts--as it should be in house construction, sewing, and cooking. And every stroke should be made as though it were the final layer, and with love.

No arguing with self or others. No senseless stress.



No comments:

Post a Comment